Monday, May 16, 2011

So why start a blog?

So why start a blog?
I don't blog well at all. I have done a few before. I don't write well, I leave off posting...
But right now - today I need to do something different in my life!
 
Okay, the bottom line is, just this past weekend I finished up another re-read of the seven Outlander books by Diana Gabaldon. This last re-read of the books I started this past winter/late autumn.
Now with today saying "what now?".
I had made up my mind this spring that I would give Jamie and Claire brake and not start a new reread.
Why? I just only found the books and started reading them in 2008. Not long ago when the first book Outlander came out in 1991. And have read and reread them since Oct 2008.
But today is Monday and I still have the book An Echo in the Bone buzzing in my head with no other to read...
Oh, I have and read the Lord John books and Diana Gabalodn’s other works. But I don’t have book eight.
Thats what I really want!
I do have the garden to start, laundry to do, closets to go through and send stuff to the thrift store that we no longer need. Give the house a good spring cleaning and get ready to go see my parents in June.
I was planing on a re-read of the last Harry Potter book, Deathly Hollows. With the last movie installment coming in July ( I think). But last night I gave it a try and just could not get through the first page. Not with Claire, Jamie, Jem, Lord John, both young and old Ian....... and everyone else still bumping around in my head and heart. Book eight can not come to soon!
Maybe I will give Harry another try later.
*
*
*
This blog I hope can be an outlet. Some were I can go now that I am giving my books a rest.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth, welcome to the world of OUTLANDER blogging! :-)

    You may want to update the link to Diana's blog on the right. It should be http://www.dianagabaldon.com/blog. The old site is no longer being updated.

    I'm happy to know about your new blog and iI wish you luck with it.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. The font you're using for the text here is really difficult to read (I'm using Firefox). If you do continue with this blog, I hope you switch to a text font that's easier on the eyes.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete